We are Open! Please Read our Safety Procedures.
Open for Limited Play
Ocala Golf Club will operate on a limited play basis for the local golf community. Members and guests can reserve and pay for their tee times on our website, no walk-ups allowed. Walking is encouraged, but if a cart is required, only one rider per cart is allowed with no exceptions. The clubhouse, banquet hall and driving range are closed and normal greens fees apply.
The course was originally closed in March amid concerns related to the ability to manage operations in compliance with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines. The decision to reopen the course was made after careful consideration of golf as an essential activity and after significant modification to golf course operations. Golf provides respites and affords people ample space to enjoy fresh air and exercise at a time they need it most. Instead of remaining sedentary at home, six, nine and 18-hole rounds improve health and wellness, including lessening anxiety, boosting mental acuity and exposure to Vitamin D.
For the safety and enjoyment of guests along with professionally trained staff, course staff aims to strictly adhere to CDC and other official guidelines. During the recent closure, staff was able to work through necessary precautions that will be implemented and enforced to all but eliminate touch points and promote social distancing including:
- Advise that if golfers don’t feel well, then stay home
- Signage mandating and tape marks showing six-foot buffers between players
- Predominant walking and minimal single person riding in sanitized carts
- No bag handlers or caddies; only golfers touch their own equipment
- Expanding tee time intervals to 15 minutes to eliminate small group gatherings
- Cancellation of upcoming golf outings, tournaments and related events
- Pre-paid (no cash) tee time reservations online only, and outside check-ins
- Closure of restaurants and grill rooms
- One person allowed in restrooms at a time
- Removal of bunker rakes, ball washers, towels, water coolers
- Pool noodles in cups to stop balls from going in completely into the hole
- Elimination of scorecards and pencils
- Installation of sanitizer stations
Please check back for updates as the above guidelines are subject to change based on new CDC recommendations and industry best practices.
Important Changes to Tee Time Bookings
We are happy to announce that all tee times booked online will be paid for at time of booking. This will allow you to check-in with the starter and tee off while continuously maintaining the CDC recommended 6 foot distance from our staff and other guests.
As such, all tee times booked online must be paid for at time of booking. As we work through this technological transition you may not see the correct rate after you’ve logged into the booking engine. If so, please call the golf shop directly to book your play and pay via phone with a credit card. Our rates have been simplified (sorry, additional discounts, gift cards, and rain checks will not be accepted online at this time).
Additionally, we have provided an additional incentive to walk the golf course. Not only is walking the best exercise, but only one person may be allowed in a cart at a time, every cart is going through additional sanitization after use, and as such there may be a wait for cart if you select riding tee times.
This is only temporary as we understand the real threat of the current conditions while also trying to provide some level of physical activity. Establishing this balance during a very fluid situation will be challenging, and as such all current tee times are non-refundable.